STUDIES ON QUINIC ACIDThe following is a list of independent published research concerning the potential health benefits of Quinic Acid. Abstracts are available by emailing info@ThomasCoffee.com Quinic Acid Studies
1. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 May 19;52(10):2807-15. HPLC-MSn analysis of phenolic compounds and purine alkaloids in green and black tea.Del Rio D, Stewart AJ, Mullen W, Burns J, Lean ME, Brighenti F, Crozier A.Plant Products and Human Nutrition Group, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Graham Kerr Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom.
2. J Chromatogr A. 2004 Feb 13;1026(1-2):185-90. Related Articles, Links Application of preparative high-speed counter-current chromatography for separation of chlorogenic acid from Flos Lonicerae.
3. Lu HT, Jiang Y, Chen F. Z Naturforsch [C]. 2003 Jul-Aug;58(7-8):590-3. Related Articles, Links Distribution of quinic acid derivatives and other phenolic compounds in Brazilian propolis.dos Santos Pereira A, de Miranda Pereira AF, Trugo LC, de Aquino Neto FR.
4. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003 Jun;26(6):803-7. Related Articles, Links Protective effects of quinic acid derivatives on tetrahydropapaveroline-induced cell death in C6 glioma cells.Soh Y, Kim JA, Sohn NW, Lee KR, Kim SY. Department of Neuroscience, Graduate School of East-West Medical Science, Kyung Hee University, Yongin-si, Kyungki-do 449-701, Korea. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Curr Genet. 2003 May;43(2):103-11. Epub 2003 Mar 14. Related Articles, Links Quinic acid induces hypovirulence and expression of a hypovirulence-associated double-stranded RNA in Rhizoctonia solani. Liu C, Lakshman DK, Tavantzis SM.
6. Life Sci. 2002 Nov 8;71(25):2995-3004. Effects of caffeoyl conjugates of isoprenyl-hydroquinone glucoside and quinic acid on leukocyte function.Gongora L, Giner RM, Manez S, Recio Mdel C, Schinella G, Rios JL. Departament de Farmacologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda. Vicent Andres Estelles s/n, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain.
7. Hypertens Res. 2002 Jan;25(1):99-107Green coffee bean extract and its metabolites have a hypotensive effect in spontaneously hypertensive rats.Suzuki A, Kagawa D, Ochiai R, Tokimitsu I, Saito I.Biological Science Laboratories, Kao Corp., Tochigi, Japan.
8. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001 Aug;24(8):921-4. Neuroprotective and neurotrophic effects of quinic acids from Aster scaber in PC12 cells.Hur JY, Soh Y, Kim BH, Suk K, Sohn NW, Kim HC, Kwon HC, Lee KR, Kim SY.Graduate School of East-West Medical Science, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea.
9. Planta Med. 2001 Jun;67(4):322-5. Studies on the hepatocyte protective activity and the structure-activity relationships of quinic acid and caffeic acid derivatives from the flower buds of Lonicera bournei. Xiang T, Xiong QB, Ketut AI, Tezuka Y, Nagaoka T, Wu LJ, Kadota S.Department of Natural Medicine, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, People's Republic of China.
10. Int J Biol Macromol. 2000 Jun 13;27(3):219-28. Thermodynamics of interaction of caffeic acid and quinic acid with multisubunit proteins.Suryaprakash P, Kumar RP, Prakash V.Department of Protein Chemistry and Technology, Central Food Technological Research Institute, 570 013, Mysore, India.
11. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. 1991;94(1-4):262-5. New antiasthmatic drugs from traditional medicine?Dorsch W, Wagner H.Children's Hospital of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, FRG.
12. Z Lebensm Unters Forsch. 1985 Jul;181(1):20-3. [Acids in coffee. XI. The proportion of individual acids in the total titratable acid][Article in German]Engelhardt UH, Maier HG.
13. Z Lebensm Unters Forsch. 1985 Jun;180(6):479-84. [Quinic acid lactone in coffee][Article in German]Hucke J, Maier HG.
14. United States Patent 5,589,505 Yu , et al. December 31, 1996 Method of treating wrinkles using quinic acid or quinolactone.
15. Quinic acid is a biologically active component of the Uncaria tomentosa extract C-Med 100R. Christina 2kesson, Hanna Lindgren, Ronald W. Pero, Tomas Leanderson, Fredrik Ivars*. Section for Immunology, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, BMC I:13, Lund University, SE-221 84 Lund,Sweden Received 4 June 2004; received in revised form 17 September 2004; accepted 17 September 2004.
16. Inhibition of Nuclear Factor Kappa B (NF-_B): An Emerging Theme in Anti-Inflammatory Therapies. Fulvio Dâ€™Acquisto, Michael J. May, and Sankar Ghosh Section of Immunobiology and Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry Howard Hughes Medical Institute Yale University School of Medicine New Haven, CT 06510.